The Bosch Tronic 3000 T point-of-use electric mini-tanks are suitable for those who cannot bear with a fluctuation of hot water while in an application. In case of tank less when being used at multiple appliances at point Luke warm water is all you may get. For this tank water heater no recovery time is required. It has a point of use system to heat water on demand so it will not consume much electricity if you switch it off when idle. You can use 3 faucets for bathing, other home appliances with The Bosch Tronic 3000 T and never run short of hot water at any faucet.
I do not know about other but one thing I look for in such machine is installation ease. I am not inclined to hire fancy plumbers and electricians and spend another 200 dollar for a machine that has already cost me half of my salary. So the ease of installation and no clause attached to warranty that requires an electrician or plumber to install the heater works great for people like me.
Attach it anywhere
The fact that it is a tank heater may give you the impression of not being easy to carry or place at a convenient nook. However the case is totally opposite it is perfect to be hung (bracket included), floored or placed at a shelf without modifying that area. The manufacturer of Bosch T 2.5-Gallon Electric Mini-Tank under Sink Water Heater says it is specially designed for powder rooms, RVs, under the sink, over the sink, inside the cabinet placement.
This Electric water heater is easy to maintain. It has glass-lined tank which guarantees a long service life. Along with these feature it has Thick CFC-free foam insulation. It serves the purpose of using less energy and producing more hot water, ensuring maximum energy efficiency, it comes with
No more cold water sandwiching
In this world of tankless water heater Bosch has sported for this version for some obvious problems that cannot be avoided in tankless water heaters. Like cold water sandwiching, that happens from the cold water stored in the line that comes between hot water that keeps heating from the heater after sensing flow. This one comes with a tank such problem never arise.
- Smallest in the Tronic 3000 T series
- Can be easily used by plugging into a 120-volt outlet
- External digital dial to easily control the temperature range
- Sleek and attractive exterior design in outward
- It heats up the water in less than 10 minutes
- High capacity (3 faucets at a time)
Cons with solution
It is a very large water heater dimension for 2.5 Gallons is 13.75 W x 13.75 H x 10.75 D,4 Gallons is 13.75 W x 13.75 H x 13.5 D and 7.0 Gallons is 17.5 W x 17.5 H x 14.5 D.
Bosch electric water heater cannot be modified in any way to change the size. But it is not so big like the traditional tank heaters. It is of a size that can be placed in floor, shelf, or wall mounted (except for the 7 gallon).It has a seamless design that goes with the interior décor effortlessly.
Does not work in cases
If Bosch es 2. 5 is connected to garbage disposal line of your home than it will go off when garbage disposal if off.
It is more of an awareness issue and I included it here because if you are aware you will not make the mistake of connecting bosch es 2. 5 with the line that goes with garbage disposal. In case you have installed it from any other line, which does not have any conditional issue, then it will work on demand.
Water falls from tank
Like many tank water heater it does leave water under it from pressure valve. If you have kept it under a sink or inside a cabinet dripping water will make the place nasty and dysfunctional.
The available connections are male NPT. With female NPT such drain problem could have been lower. This point of use water heater blows a bit of water through the temperature-pressure] valve which can make your house a mass. Only solution is to connect it to a drain. Another way is to make a drain with pvc pipe and a big enough bottle and clean the bottle weekly.
- Q- The manual of Bosch es 2. 5 ask for the ES8 a 20 Amp breaker and 12GA wire. But the wattage is 1440 with 12 Amps than why need a 20 Amp breaker?
- Ans- In most cases electric heaters, water heaters, create continuous loads. Electrical codes requires circuits with continuous loads to be decreased by 20% for example 15 amps x 120 volts = 1,800 watts when decreased 1,800 watts x 80% = 1,440 watts. That is written as the wattage. Though it is technically fine to run it on a 15 amp circuit but it is not very safe .It means anything else with a little electric consumption will cause the breaker to trip. Another thing is the distance between heater and electric panel, A long wire run will cause voltage to drop, especially on a 15 amp 14 gauge circuit it is more likely. So better be safe than worry and use on a 20 amp circuit (dedicated if possible).
- Q- How good is it for filling a bath tub?
- Ans- Depends on the size of your bath tub. It is capable to fill medium sized bathtub with very hot water, but once the tank is empty refilling the tank and heating it simultaneously may cause a bit delay.
- Q- Does it have any warranty?
- Ans- It comes with 6 year limited warranty on inner tank; 2 year limited warranty on other components.
Buying a water heater is not an easy pick. There are so many types and many more brands. Sometimes the choice is between same types of two heaters with different brands. In such case you better closely look into the configuration of each type and the added features like-warranty and customer service provisions.