Ecosmart ECO 36 36kw 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 1 Ecosmart ECO 36 36kw 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 2 Features of ECO 36 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- 3 Pros
- 4 Cons
- 5 FAQ (ECO 36 Electric Tankless Water Heater)
- 6 Final verdict
Are you looking for a tankless heater that can support 4 showers at a time? If you are living in southern part of USA or at a colder place with a high demand of hot water than Ecosmart ECO 36 36kw 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater is you catch. It has easy installation process, 50% energy cost saving feature, high capacity, good customer reviews. It is new and many old models’ feature has been upgraded here. If you want to know more about it let us get into detail.
Features of ECO 36 Electric Tankless Water Heater
Hardware design and build quality
The look of the eco 36 is very neat and solid. The cover is easily removable. Inside the units are neatly assembled with screws. Wiring is to be done in only 3 points making things easy and simple. There are plenty of spaces inside the panel that let not the panel heat up.
Compact and space saving
If you are looking for a heater that will not take up large amount of space than tankless water heaters are great. Ecosmart Eco 36 has 17 x 19 x 3.8 inches dimension slightly bigger than a laptop, and weights only 17.4 pounds. So you can hide it behind the wash basin cabinet, in case you do not prefer to make it visible.
Endless hot water supply at coldest place
ECO 36 can handle up to 6 gallon per minute, it means 4 shower and a sink will work at a time at 37°F. It can support homes with high demand of hot water between various application like-washing machine, dish washer, bathroom. It also serves- large Roman-style and Jacuzzi tubs. It is particularly useful for cold weathers like southern and northern United States.
Best tankless water heater reviews says -self modulating technology of Eco 36 let the energy to be used only when sense a flow of water. So when idle, it will not operate unlike traditional tank water heaters. Those would keep your electric line running even on vacation.
Digital temperature control
Unlike traditional heaters this tankless water heater has digital temperature control technology. You can increase or decrease the temperature at increment of 1 degree. The scale offers heat from 80°F - 140°F heat.
- Excellent customer care-They will get back to you very quick, space saving.
- Compact and reduces 90% space.
- High capacity-Useful for weather less than 37 degree f.
- Life time warranty for residential usage.
Cost for installation and repairmen
- Ecosmart eco 36 comes with an installation manual and videos of installation can also be found in websites. Still ecosmart eco 36 reviews says it is expensive to install. Only reason behind is you need a licensed plumber and electrician to do the job. Even if you have prior experiences of installation you should be at least monitored by the group installing so that you can claim the life time warranty for future failure of the faulty parts.
- You need four double-pole (240V) 40A circuit breakers and #8 copper wiring to install it. That means total 12 wires-8 "hot" wires and 4 ground wires. It all means a lot of money.
- You can avail the directory’s help for the number of the licensed plumber and electricians. In many cases the plumber can also do the electrical work. You can compare the wages and decide accordingly, this will reduce the installation cost.
- Be sure to keep their license number in the warranty card as you are required for availing the warranty in future.
- Your wiring at house may need to be changed before installation, in case it does not fulfill the ECO 36’s requirements of 40A line. In case of 30A line it runs the risk of overheating the wires. So be sure of your existing wiring and make decision based on it
- A 150 amp(minimum) electrical panel is needed for installation but in most cases the heater wont demand more than 55 amp heat (when you want to have a 2GPM flow rate) but for safety concern and for availing max capacity the Eco smart group ask for the 150 amp requirement.
- You will need four 40 amp breaker slots for best performance if you don’t have them you can start with 2 or 3 circuits that you already have but it will restrict the usage.
Cost of repairing
Be very sure neither price nor future warranty cost covers –installation, faulty parts assembly and dissembling costs.
- If you have the DYI skill of some plumbing work than you can cut on this cost, if not than you take the tech help. Thus cost won’t be reduced however it is true for most case of warranty issues. You will not be required to pay for the repairing cost though.
- Eco 36 is well known for its organized hard wire design. The shell is easy to take out. Heating instruments are separately shown and adjusted with screws which make it easier to remove any faulty part. It won’t require you to change the whole unit if only one part is malfunctioning.
Instant hot water not possible
Many people have the impression unlike tank water heater; tankless water heater will instantly heat up the water. It is true but still 7-10 seconds of cold water comes out this is due to 2 issue-
- The faucet needs to flash out the water already in the line before letting hot water in.
- Some level of heating up the water pipes causes the delay. It is only removed at point of use heaters.
Restriction on flow of water
It will not turn on and heat the water until the hot water line flow is 0.25 gallon per minute. When you open both cold and hot water than restriction of heat flow is increased to 0.5 GPM.
The self-modulating technology of Ecosmart ECO 36 36kw 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater Let your energy cost to reduce by heating the water only after sensing a flow. This is good for you bill however it restrain the water flow to get hot until 0.25 GPM so this is one thing you have to live with to save the energy cost. In most cases it is not an issue if your house a good flow rate.
FAQ (ECO 36 Electric Tankless Water Heater)
- Q: I live at North America with inlet temperature is 37 degree F, what is the maximum flow on this temperature of Eco 36?
- Ans-At 37 degree F Eco 36 can give a 3.5 GPM flow of hot water.
- Q: Why Eco36 needs 4 double pole (240v) breakers?
- Ans: My understanding from electric water heater reviews is Eco 36 is a high power heater that needs to heat up lot volume of water instantly; it needs lot of power that is reason to install 4 double pole (240v) breakers.
- Q: My family has 6 members, can Eco 36 cover? What is the maximum capacity of Eco 36?
- Ans- Probably yes, though you did not mention the weather condition, co 36 can give 6 GPM at maximum, means 4 showers and a sink.
- Q: Do I need a filter with Eco36 or they provide it?
- Ans: A filter is needed in case the water contains sediment. If your water supply needs to be filtered you may have to get it separately.
- Q: Warranty card seems quite technical can I get some one’s help to fill it?
- Ans: Yes contractor will fill it if you are not sure you can call tech supports.
- Q: How good is the customer care?
- Ans: Eco group has a strong customer care. Call them or email them, they will respond in one working day with detail. Even if it is Christmas or even if you are on voice mail, they will get back to you.
Ecosmart ECO 36 36kw 240V Electric Tankless Water Heater is ideal for homes at Southern and Northern USA. In 37 degree temperature you can avail two showers simultaneously and never run out of water. So it is capable for big homes at warmer place (50 degree f) or small homes at very cold place. Before making the choice; be very sure about the power requirements. Your house needs a 40A wiring and you need 4 double pole (240v) breakers and 150 Amp to run this water heater effectively. As long as you have these components installed you won’t need to switch the brand or design ever.