Watts 500800 Hot Water Recirculating System
Suppose you have spend a big amount for the tankless water heater but now you are in sulk, because your tank less cannot give you instant hot water. You need to wait for 5-10 seconds meanwhile thousands of gallons are wasted. Best solution for this is to install a recirculation pump. Watts 500800 Hot Water Recirculating System is an easy to install pump from 4.5 stars out of 5. Let us know in detail if it is worthy of your money and attention.
A recirculation pump is a fancy luxury that gives you hot water instantly but another thing makes it a necessary that 15000 Gal. of water per year that would otherwise be wasted on your few second wait for hot water every day.
If you are wondering another pump means another regular maintenance issue like tank less water heater than you will be glad to know this recirculation pump needs no annual maintenance. Thing is the pump does not move any water. When you power it the sensor valve opens, and pump moves water from hot water line to cold water line. This pumps are designed to operate without any flow, and uses a little electricity when it is not moving water. So maintenance is not required.
- Additional sensor valves available for homes with multiple plumbing loops.
- Very easy to install in less than 1 hour.
- The pump comes with everything you will need- timer and 10 ft. electric cord, two adapters with rubber washers, valve mounting screws, sensor valve, two 12 in. supply line.
- Saves money up to 10% of water bill.
- The system includes a in 24 hour, dual setting programmable timer that let you to activate the pump only when needed.
Cons with solution
Branch line water does not heat up quick:
The manual encourages you to put the recirculation pump at the far end reach but truth is only main line gets instant hot water, branch lines suffer big time.
Solution: A good way to solve the problem is to put a sensor at each fixture. You need to put a sensor at one fixture of every wash room especially at the furthest down line from the water. This will guarantee instant hot water at every line. The system already comes with multiple valves for this purpose.
Waste of electricity
Keeping it on for as long as the tank less unit, eats up a lot electricity, it is an extirpate on utility bill.
Solution: You can save the extra usage by keeping it off other than when you have to use it.If you buy remote control for this purpose like one from Etekcity® Wireless Remote Control Outlet this problem will go away. They are very reasonable price. Attach them with the recirculation pump so when you have to use it simply click the button on and control on demand. One thing you need to make sure to set the pump timer in the "ON" position.
Frequently Ask Questions
- Q-Does Watts 500800 Hot Water Recirculating System works with a single handle faucet?
- Answer: Yes! A single handle faucet is workable; it has both a cold and hot water line to the faucet. Just like two handle style faucet the temperature valve; connect it with a single handle faucet.
- Q-Does the time clock need to reset after a power failure?
- Answer: Yes, you need to reset the timer. Pop off the front cover turn the dial until the inside dial reads the correct time.
- Q-Can Watts 500800 Hot Water recirculating System is used without the sensor valve?
- Answer: Yes, to use it without the sensor valve, you need to install a separate return line.
Watts 500800 Hot Water Recirculating System will ensure you never have to face the unwanted surprise of cold water from hot water outlet. It gives hot water at very first touch. Only thing you need to verify before buying this 120 volt,6.4 pound weighed recirculation pump that- if your water heater goes with it or not.