Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 plus Electric Tankless Water Heater, is one of the medium sized electric water heater from Stiebel Eltron. This German company is in this business for last 90 years, so they have researched different needs of home water heaters and introduced different kind of heaters. This one is ideal for home where 2 baths can take place at a time with another faucet being engaged in a home appliance. It is applicable for both warm or cold weather homes and support whole home hot water demand ceaselessly.
Hot water always
In case of tank less water heaters, some features determine how efficient they are. Relation between heating speed and flow of water (GPM) is one of them. In this respect stiebel eltron tempra 24 plus has a consistent balance. At 1 GPM flow it gives 90 degree rise (minimum flow) while at GPM of 8 it gives 20 degree rise 0 volt at 240. At 208 this combination changes a little bit. Translating to our language it can support very high flow rate yet maintain hot water.
No more fluctuation
The manufacturer says it has the most modern technology that is microprocessor that does not let any fluctuation on water temperature despite high demand. Unlike many manufacturers I happen to trust this slogan as it comes from this very eminent German company whose heaters are valued worldwide.
No venting required
Gas fired tank less heaters are great for energy efficiency. Those are good if you’re electric configuration and wiring do not support an electric heater, but this stiebel eltron tempra 24 plus can beat them easily by saving the headache of proper venting. As it is electric you can hang it anywhere without concerning about the air pollution and venting space requirement.
Most tankless water heaters have this feature, as they are not burdened with a big tank; they are quite compact. Stiebel eltron tempra 24 plus has a sleek look making it suitable to fit into the tiny nooks of your home or office.
Seismic Proof Construction
You need to go by seismic code preventive construction standards to install a Tank water heater. With Tempra no such preventive construction requirement is required.
Digital temperature control
It offers a scale of 30°C (86°F) and 60°C (140°F).You can choose between them and be sure that this will be the temperature till you further change it. One thing is to be reminded to cost conscious people that a high temperature will consume more electricity. Yet this wide range is offered because of different inlet water temperature and different type of usage.
- Easy Installation.
- Handles a high volume of water.
- Compatible with 208/240 volt standard electrical wiring.
- 3 year limited warranty when product installed by licensed personnel.
- Warranty applicable for domestic and commercial usage.
Not enough for hard water condition
Stiebel Eltron makes water heaters for water condition with PSI 7 so it cannot support hard water.
To some extent Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 plus Electric Tankless Water Heater can endure low ph or hard water, still if your water is too hard to handle you needs to give special importance to maintenance. So open and clear it with vinegar extract of what SE recommends for water composition not near to normal.
No alternative power resource
It does not have any option to work with natural gas or battery power.
Actually for off grade area this water heater does not works. So if you are living at such a place or a very eco person who believes in all natural and prefer gas based fixtures this is not a right choice.
Not good enough for really cold water
If the ground water is too cold the output will be only luke warm water
Stiebel tempra tankless water heater works when it detects a flow. So if the ground water is very cold for example 45 degree that does not mean the output will be luke warm. You can set high temperature (140 degree) on you heater and make sure the flow of water is more than minimum requirement to ignite the burner. What the technology does is it uses it’s flow limiter .When inlet water is very cold it will limit the flow rate in order to be able to keep up the temperature high and produce hot water.
FAQ for Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 plus Electric Tankless Water Heater
- Q-What electrical configuration and amperage is required?
- Ans-This is what Stiebel Eltron24 plus Electric Tankless Water Heater require to function-
Amperage: 2x50 Min. required circuit breaker size: double pole 2x60
Recommended wire size: 2 x 6 Maximum temp. Increase: 92 Weight: 15.4 Width: 16 5/8 Height: 14 1/2 Depth: 4 5/8
Working pressure: 150 PSI
- Q-What is the minimum flow rate?
- Ans- Stiebel tempra tankless water heater works even with a nominal flow. People with only 45 PSI reported- it works. The satisfied users says it works with as nominal psi as 40. Amazon says working pressure is 150 psi, my assumption is-it is not a problem unless you water flow is too slow.
- Q-I am not a fan of tankless water heater I heard some of them are noisy.
- Ans- May is some are noisy but what Stiebel Eltron 24 with its advanced German technology does not make any sounds that give you a sense of being in noise pollution.
- Q-Does it have switches on board for easy function?
- Ans-You can control the heat on surface display unit but no other switches are on board. All are inside the easily accessible cover.
- Q-Does it have and child lock system?
- Ans- No it does not.
- Q-does it reduce cost?
- Ans- Manufacture claims it save 15%-20% cost of electricity by only working when senses a flow.
If you are living at a place with 45 degree to 65 degree temperature, looking for a tankless compact durable water heater, do not want the hassle caused by venting a gas fired heater than Stiebel Eltron Tempra 24 plus Electric Tankless Water Heater Is what you need. Best thing about it is it is very durable and if you are ready to give up warranty condition it can be easily installed by a little DYI skills.