Camplux 10L is an outdoor Portable Propane Gas fired tankless Water Heater. If you need a portable water heater for showering at campsite or using it in your garden for shower or for a basin than Camplux 10L is quite a catch. This tankless unit has 2.64 GPM capacity, which is good enough for a single shower for unlimited time. It is energy preserving with a low gas consumption rate. Installation is very easy which makes it ideal for plug and play wherever you need to take it. The compact size makes it easy for you to fit it in the back of your car.
It comes with a 2.64 GPM capacity, where a standard shower in America requires 2-2.5 GPM at highest. You need not to worry about the quality of the water flow while taking the bath. You can use it to fill the tub or Jacuzzi or use in the wash basin or shower by the pool and forget about abrupt water seize in the middle of shower.
Winter mode and summer mode
This feature allows you to have hotter shower when using it in colder place or colder time and relatively less hot water when using it in warmer place or at warmer time of the day. It works like artificial intelligence and once you select the right mode in the settings you can enjoy a perfect shower without having to change the temperature in the middle.
You may have read the reviews of some tank less shower which require very basic things for the installation process to be bought separately like-hose, regulator, screws, anti freeze valve etc. But Camplux 10L Outdoor is not one of them. You will get -adapters, CSA approval gas hose & regulator, gas inlet connector, garden hose, accessories package-included water tape & screws, ON/OFF shower head and pedestal. No need to buy anything extra other than the 2d batteries.
It is popular for requiring very little amount of gas. It takes 63000 BTU/hour. It save 11-12% more gas during showers than other heater, if you have filled BBQ propane of 20lb tank you can take 50-60 showers with it. As outdoor shower is not something you try on every day 60 showers means a year’s quota.
Gas water heaters can make water hot fast but they also require good ventilation provision. Camplux 10L water heater too needs good ventilation provision however with combustion technology Camplux 10L ensures very less emission of oxygen. Combustion technology guarantees oxygen levels throughout the complete burner firing will be lower than 3%.
- Anti-freezing protection
- 20minuite automatic safety device
- Flame failure protection device
- Provision for battery use for off grid area
- Digital dial for temperature control
Cons with solution
Inconsistent water flow
When open with cold water faucet it does not produce consistent water flow.
Camplux 10L was designed in a way that you needed not to use the cold water inlet for mixing. Thus when uses with cold water it messes with the variables and result will be somewhat misbehaving hot water heater. Camplux 10L works best when you dial it in order to make the perfect temperature of hot water that needs no mixing.
Does not work on low water pressure
If you do not have enough water pressure Camplux 10L will not function.
Camplux 10L works with a very little water pressure of 3.6 PSI and capable to deal up to 110.0 PSI. Unless you are using a homemade Spring which generally have low water pressure or live at very high altitude, Camplux 10L is going to support your fixtures. If your inlet has a higher pressure than 110 PSI and lower than 3.6 than you may need a SHURflo pump (to bring the pressure up) or a flow valve to make the pressure down. The system also works perfectly with modified water systems and a 12 volt water pump.
Frequently Ask Questions
- Q-My home is at Nebaraska will this water heater be enough for me?
- Ans- Camplux10L has a regulator with 46.4℉（8℃) to1 23.8℉ (51℃).allowing for good range of temperature control, at Nebarasks you can do with 30-40 degree C ,however if cold surges high and 51 degree C does not do justice, you can choose the winter settings for better result.
- Q-Can I use it for permanent use?
- Ans-Yes you can. If you take necessary protection to save it from snow fall, wind and other exterior threats like birds and trees you can easily use it for permanent use. Camplux10L has a anti freeze device still while it is too cold you are recommended to put off the water from the pipe and put the unit inside.
- Q-How many shower and faucet a 2.64 GPM can handle?
- Ans-It depends on the flow rate of the shower and faucet. With a 2.5 shower head only one shower is possible to run at a time. With 1.5-2 GPM a shower along with a .5-1 GPM faucet is the limit.
- Q- Can I take it to campsite where no electricity is available?
- Ans-Yes that is one of the major purposes of this tank less water heater. It needs 2d alkaline batteries to heat up the water apart from propane/gas at off grid area
Similar Review: Camplux 5L
With Camplux 10L You can go camping ,visit places with no electricity, set it by the pool for open air showers, pet showering, barb Qing and chill about safety issues. It has combustion technology for lowest oxygen emission and lowest air pollution. The 20 minute automatic safety option is also great for people like me who has habit of not waiting in front of a tub for a period of filling it. This option also saves water and power with ensuring safety. Another safety feature is flame failure protection which will shut it down if it goes too hot. So energy conscious, adventurous buyers say hello to it and forget the worry.